Brett and I are those people who obsess over songs, sometimes listening to the same song all day long.
Here are some of our song obsessions (mostly mine). Some are new songs and others are long withstanding obsessive repeats:
- Arms, Distance and Miles by Christina Perri
- Bonfire Heart, Blue on Blue, Miss America by James Blunt (in the past I was obsessed with his 1973 album)
- Say Something by A Great Big World
- Make You Feel My Love by Garth Brooks then Adele
- Volcano by Damien Rice
- Life for Rent and Mary’s in India by Dido
- Lights by Ellie Goulding
- Tiny Dancer and Your Song by Elton John (also the Moulin Rouge version of Your Song sung by Ewen McGregor)
- Float by Flogging Molly (this one is Brett’s – this song does drive me a bit bananas after a few listens)
- You & I and Be OK by Ingrid Michaelson
- Let Her Go by Jasmine Thompson
- Wish You Well by Katie Herzig
- Human, Space Man, and A Dustland Fairytale by The Killers
- Sign No More and Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons
- Leave, Falling Slowly, Say it to Me Now, Sleeping, and Gold by Steve Kazee & Cristin Milioti (from Once on Broadway – best show I’ve seen btw)
- Story of my Life by One Direction (Shhhh)
- Stay by Rihanna (but we prefer the Barkhouse version 😉 )
- Chasing Cars and You Could be Happy by Snow Patrol
- I Want it That Way by the Backstreet Boys (Ha! Yes…)
- Anything Bon Jovi from the albums Slippery When Wet, New Jersey, Cross Road
*This list of course not limited to these songs by any means.
I have a strong emotional memory to songs, as many people do; and the memories associated with many of these songs are ones from times in my life I wish I could capture in a bottle.
I’d love to hear the songs you put on repeat! I hope my list brought some fond memories to you. I’m sure many of your repeats will spark more memories of mine!