My weekend was really quite satisfyingly relaxing and moderately productive which made me pretty happy. But of course amidst the happiness, there were a couple of thumbs down moments which is bound to happen with so many people living in the same space as I do. And I have to say, my thumbs down moments are pretty lame. That’s why I can’t and won’t really even file them as complaints because no one was injured, thankfully, only minimally traumatized.
Weekend smile 🙂 moments:
– good run Saturday morning
– started watching New Girl from the beginning which made both my husband and I laugh
– finished reading my book
– nice weather on Saturday
– made a decision about the appropriate curtain rods we needed for the windows (which I had been putting off for months), bought them AND put them up
– cleaning nooks and crannies
– cooked a yumm-alicious dinner for hubby
– got a call from a special friend
Weekend thumbs-down moments:
– scarred by the ridiculously expensive and mediocre breakfast at Ben Ash after my great run (booooo!)
– near collision on the CitiBike by a delivery guy speeding around a corner into the bike lane and another dude going the wrong way in the bike lane (I hate – and rarely do I use that word – but I hate bikers who break the rules of the road!!!)
– lots of dog poop on the sidewalk (grrrrr!)
Words of advice to myself and others who get annoyed by these little moments:
– take a breath
– think of something to smile about 🙂
– be thankful for those who make you happy
If you haven’t smiled about something today, there’s something wrong with you. Turn that frown upside down.
Go out and get a cupcake. Come on, who doesn’t love cupcakes 😉
5 thoughts on “Mostly :)y Weekend”
I agree, bikers are not exempt 🙂
I love cupcakes😍
@bookofmohs So frustrating but I like using the CitiBikes! Will get over it!
Brandi – will have some cute little ones for you guys tomorrow!
I heard New Girl was really funny! I have that and The Mindy Project on my list to check out.
It’s actually hilarious. The characters are so well played! Check it out on Netflix I think I may try out the Mindy Project too once it’s on Netflix. I have an affinity for watching shows almost incessantly rather than waiting for the weekly shows…