This morning’s race was up the Hudson Line in Sleepy Hollow. A mere 34-50 minute Metro-North train ride (depending if you get the local or express) along the Hudson River. What could be more beautiful on a fall morning?
The highlights for me:
– gorgeous morning to run
– Halloween themed
– Headless Horseman on site (although my pic isn’t great)
– hilarious announcer
– leaves in their transition colors
– tons of creative and funny costumes
– hilly yet really nice course
– decent snacks afterward, and beer sample from the tavern across the street
– some music along the course, my favorite was the kid rock band
– tons of families coming out of their gorgeous homes to cheer us on
– beautiful architecture of the old houses, decorated of course
– zombies with rubber runner body parts, and silly signs along the route
This was a fun race and will definitely be a repeat for me, except next year I hope I can conjure up someone to come with me (and in costume).
2 thoughts on “The 10k of Sleepy Hollow OooOOoooOOoo!”
What was your costume? Sounds like a great refreshing run.mm beer! Did not take you very long and you got to see such interesting Halloween themes. Nice pictures as always. I live my dreams through your jouneys.. Have fun. Aunty Sabrina PS I am very proud of you and of all of your accomplishments!!!
Thank you! I didn’t dress up this year, but hopefully next year!