We all have them, come on, you know you do. Here are some of mine and just so you know, I have them all under control…
1. The internet: hours upon hours of both productive and unproductive time. Because of the internet I am obsessed with planning trips and reading a lot of useless information. I am also obsessed with looking for awesome races and signing up for them. At least some exercise comes out of it. Thank you google for al the images below.
2. Cupcakes: Buttercup, Sprinkles, Baked by Melissa, sometimes Crumbs, not so much Magnolia or Butter Lane but I’ll still eat them. If I’m traveling, I will find a cupcake shop. Portland, Mexico City, DC. I’m a bit disappointed in myself that I didn’t get the cupcake in Austin from the toaster trailer. I was too full and I knew that it would have melted in the heat. But.. I would have licked the bag.
3. Books: I love going to the library and checking out a bunch of books that I know I can’t read in the loan period. So I keep renewing them. And renewing them. Then I go to Barnes & Noble and I take pictures of the covers of books I want to read and add them to my list on Goodreads. Yes, I’m OCD like that.
4. Certain TV shows: Arrested Development, Pretty Little Liars, Mad Men, and now Hollywood Game Night and Orange is the New Black. I watch shows over and over. And over and over. And over. This actually goes for movies too. I won’t get into the list of my re-watches…it’s pretty long.
5. Purging: I love getting rid of things we don’t use. Clothes, books, tools, housewares, etc. I will sell them or take them to Goodwill. I like to live in a fairly clutter-free environment.
6. Planning: anything. Coffee, movies, outing, trip, dinner (hahaha, no laughing), gifts…
7. Projects: I need to satiate my ADD with tons of projects like making jewelry, finding another program I can take (thank you internet), PD workshops, writing, organizing and reorganizing closets, whatever! Of course I decluttered my project shelf a couple of weeks ago to simply things. Yes, I’m OCD like that.
What are some of your obsessions? I may like to add them to my list.
One thought on “Obsessions”
Pingback: Forget Waiting a Week | Jibber Jabber & Happenstance