And neither will your mind.
Taking care of ourselves physically and mentally/emotionally takes time and thought. If we don’t do it, it’s not going to happen on it’s own. If you are feeling headachy, stressed, anxious, depressed, tingly, heavy or whatever else, here is a list of things I’ve tried and have found success in getting myself back into physical and mental shape.
1. Get a massage – I mentioned this in another post not so long ago. Just do it. Get all your knots worked out. You’ll thank yourself.
2. Try acupuncture – Get your energies balanced so your body can function properly and you can feel calm and relaxed.
3. Go to a naturopathic doctor – Try some herbal supplements to regulate your body naturally and without side effects. When your body feels healthy, your mind will follow.
4. Get outside – Engage in physical activity. Go walking, jogging, biking, hiking, yoga, or anything to get your blood flowing.
5. Meditate – Train your mind to be peaceful and serene.
6. Reduce your consumption of caffeine – Try decaf like I am to reduce the jitters and physical effects of anxiety.
7. Be social – Nothing takes your mind off your stressors like talking with friends or meeting new people.
8. Hypnotherapy or therapy – Let a trance and a calm voice help you work through limitations and/or talk through your stressors, anxieties, life with someone who knows nothing about you.
Taking care of your social emotional needs will help you stay physically healthy. Never dismiss the effect of your thoughts on your physical well-being.
2 thoughts on “Your Body Won’t Take Care Of Itself”
I have done most on your list. Believe it or not, I was so good at one time at mediating I could actually see myself above my body and float over it,TRUE! I was unbelievable at yoga. i could from a standing position go backwards and land on my hands upside down. TRUE! Last weekend I went to Heritage Days . Wonderful,. This weekend, today is the last of the four days of the FOLK FESTIVAL. Performers from all over the world,Got rained on very badly (some of my items are still drying ) on Friday. The weather has been great otherwise and supposed to be good to day. If only I could get rid of these stupid headaches. I need to go to my chiropractor again, I have tried acupuncture,several times, did not work.Really socializing this past month especially. In Sept. will be starting getting a few people together once/twice monthly to concentrate on free fall writing exercises. Go to Horwlack park about twice a week to go for walks with my 82 year old friend (she is in great shape) to keep physically activae! Plus baby.sit for Chanelda Thrusdays and Fridays.I am not bored. Just need the part of my brain that keeps on having multple migraines taken out. lol
Glad you are staying active. That’s what keeps going!