Ted Corbitt 15k in Central Park this am.
- 6 train up to 103 Street – good.
- Walked to 102 Street entrance of park – good.
- Baggage line – no big deal.
- Didn’t get my usual beginning of race instagram pic because I was waiting in the bag line – fine.
- Entered the corral area and started right away – awesome.
- Big flakes falling from the sky – pretty (and somewhat blinding).
- Nice run until … legs and butt became cold heavy bricks with extremely tight hip flexors! – no bueno.
- Slight struggle to physically push myself through this stiffness for about 3 miles (miles 3-6) – big thumbs down.
- Passed the start/finish at mile 5, sounds of Adam Levine getting his moves on – muy bueno.
- Music faded and kept trying to extend my legs back, kick my heels up and the like – not overly helpful.
- Mind and body back in the race around mile 7 – good.
- Wind started to pick up back on the east side miles 7/8 – thumbs down.
- Finished in decent time despite the minor hang ups – excellent.