Smiling is infectious. Smiling feels good on your face, and it looks good too.
I find myself smiling tons of times a day and today was no different. Here is my “Made Me Smile” list for July 11, 2013!
1. Cute, teeny kids going to summer camps.
Early in the mornings during the summer, instead of taking their kids to school parents take their kids to summer camp. There are tons of camps and kids of all ages go – little 3 year olds to teens.
My smile comes from those little teeny kids in their matching camp tees going to camp like the big kids. They are nothing short of completely adorable. I would never take a pic of somebody’s little cutie so I googled one for you as an example heehee!
2. The San Remo
Strolling along 5th Avenue at about E 100 Street you will see these iconic beacons of New York history. Situated on Central Park West at abut 74 Street, you can see these towers from many points in the park. The focal point of many artists paintings and photographers photographs, this apartment building screams “Live Here!” but of course only if you are one of the 1%… or maybe 2%. A couple of summers ago I took a drawing class in the park and these towers were our muse. How I love old NY townhouses, old gorgeous apartments and buildings – your beauty and intricacy makes me smile.
3. Really nice bus drivers.
These are pretty hard to find. On my way home from curriculum planning at school today I hopped on the M1 on 5th Ave at 96 Street (which means I walked 15 blocks first then decided to take the bus :/). So anyway, usually bus drivers are pretty quiet when you get on and only make the necessary stop announcements if you’re lucky. Not this driver! At each stop the driver addressed specific people about the stop they wanted to get off at and where they should catch the transfer bus or subway. AND he sounded so sweet! This driver made me smile for making people’s days a little easier in their adventures in the city. That’s the attitude every bus driver needs.
4. Picking up my number for the MLB Run for Sandy race.
This smile actually stems in two parts:
partly because the running community is awesome – people full of positivity and high levels of endorphins!
partly because I am participating in a fantastic and very meaningful event.
5. Camomile tea! My reflux was bothering me today, first time in quite a while… So I got out my mason jar of camomile tea bags, turned on the Keurig and made some hot tea on a hot and steamy afternoon. A cup later, feeling better which means I’m going running soon (another thing that makes me smile!)
What made you smile today?
2 thoughts on “5 Things That Mad(k)e Me Smile”
1. Listening to 2 girls playing and enjoying themselves
2. Thinking what a great son I have to sacrifice his summer to work full-time
3. No school = summer vacation
4. Getting to visit family this weekend
5. Getting to visit family in a few weeks
Those things make me smile too! And should I add – wanting to pack 2 and a half weeks before a trip? That made me chuckle!