Never underestimate the power of being kind to someone, especially someone you don’t know.
I found myself getting a little annoyed at people as I was shopping at the grocery store today. When I start feeling that fire in my belly, I try to think of something positive.
While I didn’t have an opportunity to perform a random act of kindness today, besides hold a door for someone, here is a list of some things I have done for strangers:
- Bought someone a coffee (I’ve done this many, many times back home – especially in the Tim Horton’s drive thru!)
- Bought a homeless person food
- Made someone laugh randomly
- Offered a seat on the bus/subway
- Signed a petition for a cause someone else believes in
- Opened many doors
- Indirect acts of kindness – sponsoring children in third world countries, purchasing items that support charities like FEED USA + Target
In February a week is dedicated to Random Acts of Kindness, but really it should be every day.
For ideas about spreading kindness, click the link 🙂
❤ Be kind to each other ❤